Enhance Personal Growth
Volunteers with RSVP+ have the opportunity to engage the community, create networks, make new friends, use their skills or learn new ones. They can play an integral role in the advancement of various causes, greatly impact others’ lives and have a chance to gain a sense of satisfaction through their service. People who volunteer get to be part of something larger than themselves, are able to experience what it takes to create a strong community, and are the better for it.
The quality our volunteers’ experience is not defined by the number of hours that can donated but rather by the type of skills or talents they want to use or gain through that experience.
Develop Leadership Skills
Volunteers can challenge themselves with rewarding opportunities through RSVP+. Jobs like project management and volunteer recruitment require volunteers to step up and commit to a leadership role.
Meet Community Needs
RSVP+ volunteers can be found in a wide variety of service opportunities, tackling obstacles both big and small. They range from the more simple tasks to the more creative and complex. Tutoring, delivering meals, mentoring, graphic design, project management, office work, puppetry, volunteer recruitment are just some of the things our volunteers do. There are many more opportunities available, regardless of your age, skills, or interests, RSVP+ can find one that is right for you.
Those that volunteer their time to the community are deserving of acknowledgment and appreciation. Volunteers with RSVP+ qualify for secondary accident, liability, and life insurance. They receive a AAA membership discount and are given an annual recognition banquet. For those already involved in volunteer service it makes sense to continue that involvement through RSVP+.
CIMA Supplemental Insurance - CIMA Brochure Here
RSVP+ provides four kinds of supplemental coverage to its members while volunteering. It is not a substitute for insurance that volunteers personally carry, and it only applies to while performing assignments. Accidents should be reported to the RSVP+ Director immediately or within 24 hours.
1. Excess Accident and Mediacl Coverage: Provides insurance for medical treatment required as the result of an accident.
2. Personal Liability Insurance: Provides third-party protection for volunteers against injury or property damage claims arising from the volunteer activities.
3. Excess Automobile Liability: Provides protection for bodily injury or property damage claim arising while participating in RSVP+ volunteer activities, including driving directly between the registered volunteer driver’s home and the volunteer assignment.
4. Death Benefits must be directly the result of the volunteer assignment. At the time of established fact, the insurance goes to the beneficiary named on the RSVP+ enrollment form or most current update form.
Note: If volunteers drive their own vehicles to and from the volunteer assignments, they are required to keep in effect automobile liability insurance with coverage equal to the minimum required by state statutes.
You Need To:
• Be any age
• Volunteer or be willing to volunteer for one of our volunteer (non-profit or government agency) stations
• Fill out and sign the RSVP+ Enrollment Form – link to section E.a.i--
• Report your volunteer hours quarterly with the Volunteer Time Sheet – link to section E.a.ii-